Apply for our grant
2021 Grant Cycle Open
Thank you for your interest in the Peaceful World Foundation. We seek to fund peacebuilding programs which align to our mission and requesting an amount between $5,000-$20,000.
Our grant making meeting is currently held once a year. The 2021 meeting will be on Tuesday, March 30th.
The first step in the grant application process is the electronic submission of a ONE PAGE Letter of Interest in pdf format including:
- Summary of the program
- The amount for which funding is being requested
- How the program contributes to peace and social consciousness
Please submit your letter to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include:
- The organization’s website address
- Contact information including phone numbers and email address for the person submitting the Letter of Interest.
If you have any questions, please contact Heidi Majano, Executive Director.
2021 meeting held on Tuesday, March 30th
Timeline for the March 30th grant-making meeting:
Friday Feb 5th Submission of the LOI
Friday Feb 19th Initial decisions emailed
Friday March 5th Submission of the full proposals
March 15th – 19th Online visits or phone calls scheduled with selected applicants
Tuesday March 30th Grant making meeting and final decisions to be sent out.
Meet Our Grantees
Peaceful World Conversations
Back in the early 80’s, these colorful and heartfelt conversations began in San Francisco by Sami Sunchild.
She began hosting breakfast conversations for her guests at the Red Victorian Bed and Breakfast Peace Center on historic Haight-Ashbury which continued past the day she died.
Building on her acute observations, she developed a unique communication and conversation style which lead to her crafting the “Six ingredients to a Good Conversation” peace card.
SIX INGREDIENTS TO A GOOD CONVERSATION
- Differences – New Points of View
- Similarities – Shared Feelings and Experiences
- Speaking – From Life Experience Not Theory
- Listening – Really Listening
- Understanding – Empathy Not Persuasion
- Brevity – Keep it Short and to the Point
Request a “How to Bring People together Manual“
We invite you to become an active participant of change!
Start your own conversation at your workplace, in your community and at home.
Every effort makes a difference. Feel free to request our “How to bring people together manual.