Apply for our grant
2020 Grant Cycle Closed
Thank you for your interest in the Peaceful World Foundation.
Our grant making meeting is currently held once a year. The 2020 meeting will be on Tuesday, May 26th.
The first step in the grant application process is the electronic submission of a ONE PAGE Letter of Interest in pdf format including:
- Summary of the program
- The amount for which funding is being requested
- How the program contributes to peace and social consciousness
Please submit your letter to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include:
- The organization’s website address
- Contact information including phone numbers and email address for the person submitting the Letter of Interest.
If you have any questions, please contact Heidi Majano, Executive Director via email email@example.com or call (415) 829-2910.
2020 meeting held on Tuesday, May 26th
Timeline for the May 26th grant-making meeting:
Friday March 6th Deadline for Letter of Interest submission (by 5 pm)
Friday March 20th Initial decisions emailed to applicants
Friday April 17th Full proposals due from selected applicants (by 5 pm)
May 5th – 15th Site Visits to be scheduled with selected applicants
Tuesday May 26th Grant meetings – decisions to be emailed
Meet Our Grantees
Peaceful World Conversations
Back in the early 80’s, these colorful and heartfelt conversations began in San Francisco by Sami Sunchild.
She began hosting breakfast conversations for her guests at the Red Victorian Bed and Breakfast Peace Center on historic Haight-Ashbury which continued past the day she died.
Building on her acute observations, she developed a unique communication and conversation style which lead to her crafting the “Six ingredients to a Good Conversation” peace card.
SIX INGREDIENTS TO A GOOD CONVERSATION
- Differences – New Points of View
- Similarities – Shared Feelings and Experiences
- Speaking – From Life Experience Not Theory
- Listening – Really Listening
- Understanding – Empathy Not Persuasion
- Brevity – Keep it Short and to the Point
Request a “How to Bring People together Manual“
We invite you to become an active participant of change!
Start your own conversation at your workplace, in your community and at home.
Every effort makes a difference. Feel free to request our “How to bring people together manual.