2021 Grant Cycle Now Closed
Watch this video to learn more about us
Meet Our Grantees
Peaceful World Conversations
Back in the early 80’s, these colorful and heartfelt conversations began in San Francisco by Sami Sunchild.
She began hosting breakfast conversations for her guests at the Red Victorian Bed and Breakfast Peace Center on historic Haight-Ashbury which continued past the day she died.
Building on her acute observations, she developed a unique communication and conversation style which lead to her crafting the “Six Ingredients to a Good Conversation” peace card.
SIX INGREDIENTS TO A GOOD CONVERSATION
- Differences – New Points of View
- Similarities – Shared Feelings and Experiences
- Speaking – From Life Experience Not Theory
- Listening – Really Listening
- Understanding – Empathy Not Persuasion
- Brevity – Keep it Short and to the Point
Request a “How to Bring People together Manual“
We invite you to become an active participant of change!
Start your own conversation at your workplace, in your community and at home.
Every effort makes a difference. Feel free to request our “How to Bring People Together Manual.”