2023 Grant Cycle Now Open
Thank you for your interest in the Peaceful World Foundation. We seek to fund peacebuilding programs which align to our mission and requesting an amount between $5,000-$20,000.
Our grant making meeting is currently held once a year.
The first step in the grant application process is the electronic submission of a ONE PAGE Letter of Interest in pdf format including:
- Summary of the program
- The amount for which funding is being requested
- How the program contributes to peace and social consciousness
Please submit your one page letter to our email address: email@example.com and make sure to include:
- The organization’s website address
- Contact information including phone numbers and email address for the person submitting the Letter of Interest.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline for the April 2023 grant-making meeting:
Submission of the LOI
Initial decisions emailed. We will be in contact with those organizations advancing onto the next round.
Submission of the full proposals
Online visits or site visits scheduled with selected applicants
Grant making meeting and final decisions to be sent out.
Watch this video to learn more about us
Meet Our Grantees
Peaceful World Conversations
Back in the early 80’s, these colorful and heartfelt conversations began in San Francisco by Sami Sunchild.
She began hosting breakfast conversations for her guests at the Red Victorian Bed and Breakfast Peace Center on historic Haight-Ashbury which continued past the day she died.
Building on her acute observations, she developed a unique communication and conversation style which lead to her crafting the “Six Ingredients to a Good Conversation” peace card.
SIX INGREDIENTS TO A GOOD CONVERSATION
- Differences – New Points of View
- Similarities – Shared Feelings and Experiences
- Speaking – From Life Experience Not Theory
- Listening – Really Listening
- Understanding – Empathy Not Persuasion
- Brevity – Keep it Short and to the Point
Request a “How to Bring People together Manual“
We invite you to become an active participant of change!
Start your own conversation at your workplace, in your community and at home.
Every effort makes a difference. Feel free to request our “How to Bring People Together Manual.”